Monday 13 November 2017

Reflections

Reflections 

Its been quite a few years since I've started my work at Oncology and palliative care alongside with other work. I could still remember the calling of working in this field during my masters study, with the voice saying, "be with them, it will be much needed". I simply followed it and never expected it to be such an amazing journey.


It has never been easy. Yes, the work is not just about rainbows and butterflies. Singing and playing music at bedside with the patients and families, or having time together was just an intervention. From seeing patients at home to being at hospital, there were many moments that I recall families with desperate faces, in need of support right in the moment. After work at my volunteer work CanCare, there were many urgent moments of people calling and seeking for help...



Nevertheless, in hopelessness and desperation, it is very rewarding to be a company. To walk together. It is most rewarding seeing families recall the moments- yet still rejoicing in the time of suffering. There were numerous families expressing the need of support with those few lines of music. It is most important seeing families grasping what's important, remembering and believing. I myself have also been moved by music as an expression.

With the circumstances I've been through, It really reminds me how to truly walk in light. How to make your life count. How to truly live a life that He lives. Do things that matters to you. Live every moment well.
Thanks my great friend...it's been a year. It was one of the toughest years I've been through... seeing you go through so many treatments. However, you've taught me so much and I'll continue to remember the way you have walked the tough journey. You were so strong in faith despite of the circumstances. You had such positivity and joy. Most importantly, you consider others' faith and eternity more than anything else. We will continue the way you loved others. Words cannot express more, but I love you so much 
Even though it's a tough journey, it has been a very rewarding life journey. I cannot thank more of my families and friends, as well as the very special someone walking alongside with me.

"I will rejoice. In every season
I have a reason to sing,
I have a reason to worship."
- Desert Song

May music continue to speak the melody of life for many.
Keep rejoicing. 2017 
Many blessings ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment