Tuesday 14 October 2014

my life as a student music therapist!

I want to share about my life as a student music therapist!
For some of you that might want to pursue that in the future,here it is:)



I work part time as a music tutor,teaching students flute,theory and piano at public and private schools,also I do my internship 1/2 days a week!For uni,i get a full day class with limited break with a few lectures and workshops.

So my timetable is as below:
Mon
My day off :)
uni work,catch up with readings,exercising,catching up with friends,
Doing volunteer work,doing something I want,,
(just cant believe how fast the day usually goes!)
Tues
Full day placement!
running around,doing sessions,learning,chatting with colleagues and supervisors,,
Usually dead tired after it,,,and need to write notes and do evaluation after
Wed
Full day uni!lectures,workshops,,,
Being loaded with teaching and new knowledge!
Jamming at night
Thurs
Teaching !
Rehearsals at night
Fri
Teaching!
Day off at night(friday night,,hehee!)
Sat
Day with practise,exercising and miscallaneous things
Sun
Church day

As you can see,time is limited and there is not much time to fit everything in!so the lesson is to constantly learn to have good time management skills. It is easy to take a lot of things on but it is also a practise of life work balance:)

What are your schedules like?

No comments:

Post a Comment